Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Fate By Numbers

The work goes on as I've been developing level editor for Astralus. It's so cool that you can apply so much mathematics in games! My writing-book is full of some strange (sacral? =) geometry drawings, figures and numbers, so that sometimes when I overlook my writings I can't remember why on the earth I drew one or another thing =)

I looked through the next year's student entries for IGF festival and found an awesome noir adventure game "Fate By Numbers"! Just imagine a grim city that's set in the future with old cars flying around, prerendered black'n'white backgrounds with live actors playing and much much of blues! I experienced an hour of hurricane gameplay, but I made a mistake - I forced the game into the plot developing, so if you're going to try it - don't force it, just turn off the light, lock the door and play =)

No comments: