Friday, November 16, 2007

Astralus

As I completed the second prototype, I played it for a whole hour! And you know what? I'm going to make a casual game based on it! Just as I found it to be very playable, I couldn't even get to sleep for long hours 'cause I thought and thought and though about the game. Unfortunately, I won't share the prototype until the game release which I plan to do in two monthes.

The project is called "Astralus." It's something like puzzle + arcade, a fresh breath of casual game experience, and as it's said "easy to start, hard to master". Of course, there's a lot of things to think about, not to mention it's my first commercial game experience. If there would be users to buy it, I'd say I'm on my way.

Another thing is that I was adviced to visit IndieGamer Forums, and it appeared to be that the community of the forum was moved from Steve Pavlina's Dexterity Software forum =)) The guy who saved me a lot of time by his motivation articles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Using the Game Crafter service,the artwork for all parts of the game, along with the rules that would be packages with the game. The templates available will force you to modify your ideas to keep manufacturing costs down as well as adjust your game to use standardized parts. This kind of compromise with reality is something that professional designers face all the time.
Tablet PC games