Sunday, October 21, 2007

Prototype #1 - 2

Just as I'd expected, the experiment attracted pleasant things into my life. I marked several pages in my notebook for characters, buildings and events. One of the most useful methods I use is "Mind Map", and it really helps to bind separate pieces into a single structure. As for technical side, I implemented path finding, visibility limitation and idleness of NPCs. And tweaked some graphical features, just those that were easy to do =)


And yeah, I called the project Occam, in the name of an English Franciscan philosopher. I just heared my colleague to say "Occam's razor", and it was the moment I understood it would be an appropriate name for the project. Occam's razor is a principle like you should assume simple causes to explain a phenomenon. In crazy games like Final Fantasy or Psychonauts this principle doesn't work so you should suppose nothing at all - you'll be wrong at the end =)

No comments: